Advanced Specialist Production Engineer
DENSO Manufacturing Athens TN
Join the high-tech world of DENSO Manufacturing Athens Tennessee, Inc., a global company and industry leader in advanced technology, components, and systems – a world-class workplace in Athens. As we continue to expand, we are looking for team-oriented associates who are committed to continuing our success.
Provides technical support to investigate, design, develop, and implement continuous improvement for production lines regarding new and existing products and production processes while following DENSO manufacturing and safety guidelines in order to achieve high quality, productivity, and safety.
- Troubleshoots production processes to identify the root cause of problems and designs, develops, and implements appropriate countermeasures to improve quality, productivity, and safety.
- May develop, design, test, and implement line modifications and arrangements, devices, fixtures, etc. to obtain continuous improvement of the production processes, achieve cost reduction, and prepare for new product requirements. This may include issuing process control sheets or process change information for the manufacturing processes.
- Provides technical support to production in order to solve problems related to quality, productivity, safety, etc.
- May investigate, analyze, and create specifications for kaizen ideas to improve line MOR, productivity, and realize cost savings for the Company and may coordinate the design and installation of kaizen ideas and projects.
- Originates equipment and parts specifications, purchase orders, and follow-up data to obtain the necessary resources to cover production requirements for current and new products.
- Coordinates and collaborates in the production of new products and engineering changes to detect and solve problems which may arise prior to the beginning of mass production.
- May review machine configurations for the most productive methods to assemble multiple products in the same machine.
- May prepare assembly programs for new products and may perform setup of programs on equipment.
- May review drawings for parts and may create recognition and visual data for equipment.
- May coordinate and collaborate in the products’ prototype revisions and builds to resolve problems before mass production begins.
- May be involved in various projects which emphasize process improvement such as productivity improvement and scrap reduction in order to improve quality and reduce costs.
- May facilitate and attend meetings and prepare reports as necessary based on daily production activities related to Production Engineering.
- May develop specifications for new processes, new machines, or machine modifications for new products or projects, quality improvement, or productivity improvement. This may involve conducting feasibility studies, developing process control specifications, preparing or modifying equipment and tools, examining the implemented process and its capability, and confirming the product quality.
DENSO Manufacturing Athens, TN is not sponsoring applications for employment visas in 2016
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Short term and Long term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with 4% company match and discretionary company year-end contribution
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 yr. for job-relevant courses/programs
- 13 paid holidays per year
- 13 paid vacation days (prorated the first year based on hire date)
- Full relocation package is offered where eligible
- For Advanced Specialist Level
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent exempt Production Engineering experience, 4 - 13 years previous exempt experience.
DENSO Manufacturing Athens Tennessee, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Vet/Disab.